Holly Nelson, MA, LPC
Hello, I am excited to be a part of your journey!
Successful therapy requires hard work and a trusting relationship between you and your therapist. I am passionate about providing a safe space that will allow you to find healing and wholeness emotionally, socially, spiritually, sexually, physically, and mentally in your life. I want you to feel safe and comfortable from the moment that we begin working together.
I practice with a focus on person-centered therapy, internal family systems therapy, and attachment-based theory to understand and explain human behavior. I am skilled in utilizing EMDR, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Sex Therapy, and DBT during the therapeutic process. I enjoy helping my clients create healthier relationships with themselves, their bodies, sex, and the relationships that they care most about in their lives. I have extensive experience working with LGBTQ+ populations, sexual issues, attachment trauma, sexual trauma, eating disorders, and couples, including consensual non-monogamy.
I believe that the solution to your life’s challenges lies within you. I will strive to assist you in accessing your inner wisdom and your innate ability to heal. I will assist you in reconnecting with your most empowered self, and with getting your life back on track. If you are ready to heal your relationship with yourself and others, I look forward to wading through the muck with you, and untangling the experiences that led you down this path in your life.
In my free time, I enjoy hiking, paddle boarding, traveling, and spending time with my friends and family.
I work with couples, and individuals 15 and up.
Additional Advanced Training
- EMDR Basic Training Course- Trevor Hardcastle, Cassidy DuHadway, & Lanice Hollingsworth
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship- Kathryn de Bruin & Dr. Lisa Palmer-Olsen
- EFT Working with High Conflict Couples- Raushanah Jackson & Gretchen Harro
- Exploring Consensual Non-Monogamy With EFT- Kathyrn de Bruin
- Working With Transgender in EFT Couples- Kathyrn de Bruin
- Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy- Dr. Dorrie McCubbrey
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists Conference 2020-Present
- Kink Affirming Sex Therapy- Stefani Goerlich
- Addressing Issues of Post-Disaster Trauma Relief for Victims and First Responders. – Steven Frankel
- RTEP/GTEP EMDR Protocol – Julie Russomanno
- Treating Fire Service Professionals: Building Cultural Competency – Molly Jones
- EFT Core Skills
- Level 1: Certified EFT Therapist in progress
- EMDR Certification in process