Julie McAllister, MA, LPC, NCC
Sonoran Sage Counseling, PLLC
Hello there! I’m looking forward to meeting you.
As your therapist, my goal is to help you to draw from the strength and resources within to help you heal and grow. Empowering you to utilize your own insight and wisdom, I will work with you in a collaborative, supportive manner. Using an authentic and nonjudgmental approach, I will partner with you in the journey of healing and nourishing the spirit. I practice evidenced-based therapeutic techniques. Using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), I am able to conduct very successful therapy with clients with traumatic backgrounds. I have worked with families, teens, adults and seniors. I also have extensive experience working in the LGBT community. I know that relationships can be difficult, however the most challenging relationship of all is the one that we have with our self. Throughout our work together you will discover your true self and the ability to have the relationships, family, and life that you desire.
I work with individuals. I see older teens ages 17 and up, and adults.
I am an Arizona board approved Clinical Supervisor.
Additional Advanced Training
- EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol
- Mindful Resonance with EMDR Therapy – Irene Siegel
- Treating Complex Trauma with EMDR Therapy: Working with the Body and Attachment – Deany Laliotis
- Dance of Attachment: An EMDR Relational Approach – Deany Laliotis
- Treating Early Attachment Wounds with Sensorimotor and EMDR Therapy – Lana Epstein
- Implicit Trauma Protocol Training – Katie O’Shea
- Healing the Wounds of Attachment and Rebuilding Self – Deany Laliotis
- Structural Dissociation Training – Sara Jenkins
- Relational EMDR Therapy: Taking the Journey to the Next Level – Deany Laliotis
- Simplifying Complex PTSD: New Treatment Approaches and EMDR 2.0 – Ad de Johngh, Ph.D and Suzy Matthijssen, Ph.D
- Treating First Responders and Military with EMDR Therapy: Foundations for Effective EMDR Treatment – Dr E.C. Hurley
- US Journal International Conference and Trauma and Addiction 2019 – Bessel Van der Kolk, Janina Fisher Ph.D, Alan Downs Ph.D.
- EMDRIA ANNUAL CONFERENCES 2015, 2017, 2019