Ginka Conrey, LCSW
Nova Psychotherapy Services, LLC
Hi, you are courageous!
First, I want to thank you for making the bravest step and considering reaching out. My role as your therapist is to hold safe space for you to channel and process the spectrum of emotions, identify behavioral patterns that may have been helpful at a particular time in your life but are no longer serving you, as well as challenge and support you in finding the authentic version of you.
I love working with clients in various life transitions and crises, from young adults unveiling their true identities through aging and rediscovering meaning and purpose in life in late adulthood. I am passionate about working with multicultural clients, untangling generational and cultural traumas, and helping with new parents and women to cope with perinatal mental health issues such as post-partum anxiety, depression, birthing trauma, infertility or simply adjusting to the new normal of being (or wanting to be) a parent and all that it brings with it.
My therapeutic approach is eclectic but first and foremost, I start with you and where you would like to be. I’m trained in EMDR, CBT and additionally I draw upon Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Solution Focused and Mindfulness-Based therapeutic modalities. I strongly believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship, so I provide you with a non-judgmental, open-minded, and authentic space to build trust, help you gain resilience, achieve a sense of control, and grow in the most meaningful way for you.
A little about your therapist … my name is pronounced with “G” as in “good.” I’m originally from Bulgaria and I am a proud dual citizen. I have moved a bit as part of my husband’s military career, but Arizona had a strong pull for us and as many we chose to call it home. I attended the University of Southern California for my graduate studies in Social Work where I concentrated my studies on clinical mental health and military mental health. I am a Board Approved Supervisor and love helping clients as well as sharing my passion with others. When I am not working, you will find me spending time with my family, reading, or moving my body in the gym.
I work with adults, ages 17 and up.
Additional Advanced Training
- EMDR Basic Training – Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program (HAP)
- Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of care – Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy – PSI
- Utilization of EMDR with Police and First Responders – Trauma Recovery, EMDR HAP
- CBT Intensive – Arizona Institute for Advanced Psychotherapy Training (AzIAPT)
- Hypnotherapy Intensive Training Level A , Level B, Level C, Level D, Level E, Level F– Milton Erickson Foundation
- Sex, Drugs and TBI: Epidemics Sweeping the Nation – Ashley Bridwell, LMSW
- Trauma Competency Conference – The Core Competencies and Treatment Strategies for Trauma, PTSD, Grief and Loss – Eric Gentry, PHD, LMHC
- The Different Shade of Pink: A Continuing Education Program about Breast Cancer in Young Adults – Dayana Pelayo, Esq.
- Geriatric Conference 2019 – Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
- Aging Through the Social Work Lens, Annual Conference – NASW
- Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Clinical Supervision Training -AzIAPT
- EMDR Certification in process