Ginka Conrey, LCSW
Nova Psychotherapy Services, LLC
Hi I am glad you are here!
First, I want to thank you for making the bravest step and having the courage to read this and consider reaching out. My role as your therapist is to hold a safe space for you to channel and process the spectrum of emotions, identify behavioral patterns that may have been helpful at a particular time in your life but are no longer serving you, as well as challenge and support you in finding the authentic version of you.
I love working with clients in various life transitions and crises, from young adults unveiling their true identities through aging and rediscovering meaning and purpose in life in late adulthood. I am passionate about working with multicultural clients, untangling generational and cultural traumas, navigating acculturation, stigma, discrimination and clients facing unexpected life events, infertility, postpartum depression, infidelity, retirement or other life transitions.
My therapeutic approach is eclectic, and client centered with consideration of person-in-environment. I’m trained in EMDR, CBT and additionally I draw upon Ericksonian Hypnotherapy, Solution Focused and Mindfulness-Based therapeutic modalities. First and foremost, I believe in the power of the therapeutic relationship, so I provide you with a non-judgmental, open-minded, and authentic space to build trust, help you gain resilience, achieve a sense of control, and grow in the most meaningful way for you.
A little about your therapist … my name is pronounced with “G” as in “good.” I’m originally from Bulgaria, my father was employed in law enforcement and my husband is a veteran, hence my passion to work with first responders and veterans. As part of my graduate experience at USC I acquired specialized concentrations in Mental Health and Military Mental Health. After living in several states, we chose to call Arizona home and raise our 3 kids (6 and 4-year-old boys and a 6-month-old baby girl) here. When I am not at work, I love spending time with my family; running is my self-care and reading is my pleasure indulgence.
I look forward to working with you.
I work with adults, ages 17 and up.
Additional Advanced Training
- EMDR Basic Training – Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program
- Utilization of EMDR with Police and First Responders – Trauma Recovery, EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program
- CBT Intensive – Arizona Institute for Advanced Psychotherapy Training
- Hypnotherapy Intensive Training Level A , Level B, Level C, Level D, Level E, Level F– Milton Erickson Foundation
- Sex, Drugs and TBI: Epidemics Sweeping the Nation – Ashley Bridwell, LMSW
- Trauma Competency Conference – The Core Competencies and Treatment Strategies for Trauma, PTSD, Grief and Loss – Eric Gentry, PHD, LMHC
- The Different Shade of Pink: A Continuing Education Program about Breast Cancer in Young Adults – Dayana Pelayo, Esq.
- Geriatric Conference 2019 – Steven Atkinson, PA-C, MS
- Aging Through the Social Work Lens, Annual Conference – NASW
- Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners Clinical Supervision Training – in progress
Get In Touch
Monday - Saturday 8am - 8pm